第3课:Not Delivered on Time 没有按时送货

2019-12-31

立即购买
  • 课程介绍
  • 用户评价

重点单词和短语

mattress /'mætrəs/ 床垫;褥子 n.

delivery /dɪ'lɪvɚri/ 传送;递送 n.

show up /ʃo ʌp/ 出面,露脸 v

apologize /ə'pɑlədʒaɪz/ 道歉 v. 

tardiness /'tɑrdɪnɪs/ 缓慢 n.  

inconvenience/ˌɪnkən'vinɪəns/ 不方便, 麻烦 n. 

refund/rɪ'fʌnd/ 归还, 退还 vt. 

 

实战对话

A: I have a problem.

我有一个问题。


B: What's the problem?

什么问题?


A: My mattress was supposed to be delivered today.

我的床垫今天就应该到了。


B: Is there a problem?

有什么问题吗?


A: The delivery people showed up four hours late.

送货的人迟了4个小时。


B: I apologize for their tardiness.

我为他们的延迟跟你道个歉。


A: I was late for work because of them.

我因为这个上班迟到了。


B: Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience.

对此给你带来的不便再次跟你道歉。


A: I wanmy money back for the delivery.

我希望退还我支付送货的钱。


B: Seeing as they were late, that won't be a problem.

既然是因为他们迟到了,这个不是问题。


A: It shouldn'be a problem.

这本不应该迟的。


B: I'm going to refunyour money right now.

我现在就退还你的付款。

 

重点笔记

 

一.Be supposed to do/be 表示“应该...”,是一种期待感。

 

1. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

他们应该明天会到达。


2. Nancy was supposed to be here an hour ago.

南希应该在一个小时之前就到这边的。

 

二.because of 是复合介词,其后可接名词或代词,动名词以及由关系代词what 引导的从句 (但不能接that从句)

 

1. Jimmy and Bruce were late because of the storm. 

吉米和布鲁斯迟到是因为那场暴风雨。


2. Lucy was sadbecauseofwhather boyfriendhadsaid.

露西很难过是因为他男朋友说的一些话。

 

三.Seeing as 因为是 正因为... 表示在提及自己所说内容的理由时所使用的表达。结构 seeing that +主语+动词或seeing as 主语+动词的形式。

 

1. I won't stay long, seeing as you're busy.

看你那么忙,我不会呆得太久的。


2. Seeing as we're both going the same way, can I give you a lift?

因为我们都去往同一方向,我可以送你一程吗?


1. My mattress was supposed to be delivered today. 

我的床垫今天就应该到了。


2. I apologize for their tardiness. 

我为他们的延迟跟你道个歉。


3. I'm going to refunyour money right now. 

我现在就退还你的付款。


作业精选 

1. My mattress was supposed to be delivered today. 

我的床垫今天就应该到了。


2. I apologize for their tardiness. 

我为他们的延迟跟你道个歉。


3. I'm going to refunyour money right now. 

我现在就退还你的付款。


直播间

最新问答

专题推荐