重点单词和短语
husband /'hʌzbənd/ 丈夫 n.
formal /'fɔrml/ 正式的 adj.
sombre /ˈsɑmbɚ/ 阴郁的 adj.
adorable /ə'dɔrəbl/ 可爱的;值得赞扬的 adj.
fringe /frɪndʒ/ 边缘;刘海 n.
professional /prə'fɛʃənl/专业的;职业的;adj.
approachable /ə'protʃəbl/ 可接近的;平易近人的 adj.
wander around /'wɑndɚ ə'raʊnd/ 闲逛v.
实战对话
Sales: Anything I can help with?
有什么能帮您的?
Susan: Yes, I'd like to buy a suit for my husband.
是的,我想给我老公买套西服。
Sales: What about this black one? It looks formal and sombre.
这套黑色的怎么样?它看起来比较正式、庄重。
Susan: Emm. I don't like it. He is going to attend a party. Black is not adorable. Don't you have another choice?
嗯,我不太喜欢。他是要去参加晚宴,黑色不太讨喜。还有其他的选择吗?
Sales: How about this blue one? It has gray fringe, which looks professional and approachable.
那这套蓝色的呢?还有灰色条纹,这样看起来既专业又让人容易亲近。
Susan: What's the price for this suit?
这套西装多少钱呢?
Sales: It's 2,000 yuan.
2000元。
Susan: That sounds fair. But I'd like to wander around for a minute so that I can have a better choice. Thanks a lot.
听起来还可以。但是我还想再逛逛,这样我能更好地挑选,谢谢。
Sales: My pleasure.
非常高兴为您服务。
作业精选
1. What about this black one? It looks formal and sombre.
这套黑色的怎么样?它看起来比较正式、庄重。
2. What's the price for this suit?
这套西装多少钱呢?
3. I'd like to wander around for a minute so that I can have a better choice.
但是我还想再逛逛,这样我能更好地挑选。